Residential Property - Landlord and Tenant
We act for individual and corporate Freeholders, Leaseholders, Landlords and Tenants on all aspects of leasehold residential property including working closely with our Property Litigation colleagues on contentious disputes.
We routinely advise on the following:
- Dilapidations notices and repair obligations
- Recovery of rent arrears and service charges
- Recovery proceedings following the end of the contractual term or tenant default;
- Rent Act 1977 tenancies;
- Recovery proceedings re squatters;
- Lease extensions (Landlord & Tenant Act 1987) and tenant’s right to buy the freehold ; and
- Tenant’s right of first refusal on disposal of landlord’s interest.
- New lettings and underlettings;
- Agricultural leases and licences;
- Licences for alterations;
- Changes of use;
- Rent reviews;
- Transfers of leases;
- Variation of leases;
- Lease renewals;
- Recovery of rent arrears;
- Lease terminations;
- Lease surrenders; and
- Dilapidations claims.